The bell tower was buildt with the remains of the castle torn down in 1544. It is a few steps far from the bronze monument to the Vinedresser of Italy (Antonio Munciguerra, 1972) and the marble bust of Giuseppe Gabetti, the nineteenth- century composer of the Royal March, the first Italian National Anthem. in the nearbies you will find the Wine Cellar of the Town, buildt in 1973 by La Morra’s winemakers and located in the eighteenth-century spaces of the palace of Barolo’s Marquis.
A few steps distant there is the San Marino’s church. In closing we can find the church of San Rocco’s confraternity and the Town Hall with its facade buildt in 1765. In the middle of Via Umberto stands the San Sebastiano confraternity’s church with an airy brick-made bell tower. In the nearbies, there is the little church of Santa Brigida with its fifthteenth-century frescos in the apse. At the bottom of via Richieri stands the chapel dedicated to Santa Lucia, with a seventeenth-century altarpiece.
At the dawn of the second millennium the city of Alba Pompeia began tilling the surrounding hills: in these years the village of Murra on the top of the hill was born. In 1340 it passed under the control of Falletti family, in 1402 it created its first Statue, where we can first see the Nebbiolo grape, from which the Barolo wine is produced, and the Pignolo, nowadays not cultivated anymore in La Morra’s territory. After many ups and downs under French and Spain’s domain, in 1631 it became a Savoy’s property.
Nowadays La Morra is one of the villages which made the Barolo wine a worldwide famous product.